- This is in context to Vran`a Chikitsaa
- Many a times flies sit on the open wounds and lay their eggs there resulting in maggot formation.
- Due to this maggot formation the patient gets following symptoms – severe biting pain, oedema, foul discharge, bleeding.
- To remove these maggots the wound should be flushed with the above decoctions.
- In few conditions blood is instilled in the wound. The maggots get attracted to it and as soon as they come out they are removed by Samdams`ha Yantra.
- In modern era chloroform, phenyl, ether are the drugs used for this purpose.
Last updated on April 29th, 2021 at 09:39 am